Steel angle bar is a hot rolled, mild steel angle shape with inside radius corners that is ideal for all structural applications, general fabrication and repairs. Steel Angle is used in industrial maintenance, agricultural implements, transportation equipment, etc. In metalworking, rolling is a metal forming process in which metal stock is passed through one or more pairs of rolls to reduce the thickness and to make the thickness uniform. The concept is similar to the rolling of dough. Rolling is classified according to the temperature of the metal rolled. If the temperature of the metal is above its recrystallization temperature, then the process is known as hot rolling. If the temperature of the metal is below its recrystallization temperature, the process is known as cold rolling. In terms of usage, hot rolling processes more tonnage than any other manufacturing process, and cold rolling processes the most tonnage out of all cold working processes. Roll stands holding pairs of rolls are grouped together into rolling mills that can quickly process metal, typically steel, into products such as structural steel (I-beams, angle stock, channel stock, and so on), bar stock, and rails. Most steel mills have rolling mill divisions that convert the semi-finished casting products into finished products.
Why Real Steel Guys?
- Why The Real Steel Guys - Our sales people truly care about your project. We also care about that hard to find piece of steel and we will work hard to find it even if it's only a small amount. Des Moines Steel even has a stock car specialist as one of our sales people.
- Services - Cutting, Drilling, Custom Fabrication, Columns and Custom quotes.
- Our Pricing Won't Be Beat - If you can find a cheaper price online let us know and we will match it. In some cases, we may even go lower.
- Contact Us - Online Store Questions Ph: 1-515-243-0104
Local Customers Ph: 1-515-246-8004
- See us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Come Visit The Real Steel Guys at The Des Moines Steel Warehouse - 110 Clark St. Des Moines, IA 50314. Looking for something in particular? Call us at 1-515-246-8004 before you visit to check for product availability.
- History - Des Moines Steel founder Elmer Kunkel opened for business in 1991 with a commitment to providing customers with outstanding service and quality products at a reasonable price. His commitment serves as the core value of our business today. Our customers range from large construction companies, hobbyists, and artists, to large manufactures providing products to companies throughout the world. Regardless of the purchase size, our customers rely on our team of dedicated and knowledgeable staff to provide their steel products and associated services of welding and custom fabrication.